Jack Meter, the private investigator in my SF mystery series The Jack Meter Case Files, loves to eat. Beside opera, it’s his favorite thing. Not only does he love to eat, but he loves to cook.
In his next adventure, Meter Destiny, Jack has settled into an apartment and has returned to his habit of cooking for comfort and thinking through cases. Jack is not a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy (unless it’s Chateaubriand with Mediterranean roasted potatoes): he likes fish, game, chicken, anything that tastes really good but that he can prepare in less than 45 minutes.
He’s running out of ideas, though, and he doesn’t have time to consult cookbooks to find new recipes. Ialysa, one of the Fates of Mythology, is missing, which is creating havoc on Earth; the telecarb he doesn’t have anymore is giving him twinges; and he thinks Isabel Giordani, his new and beautiful neighbour, may have him in her sights. Too much to think about, too little time.
So I’ve decided to run a recipe contest for Jack. The three best recipe authors (which Jack and I will choose) will receive a signed copy of Meter Made, the second book in the Jack Meter Case Files Series. I will also mention one of the three recipes, along with your name, in the next book after Meter Destiny, Meter Parents. Contest ends August 19th, 11:59pm EST.
What you do:
Submit a favorite recipe in the comments section, leaving your name or username and email address where I can reach you.
- recipes must take no more than 45 minutes to prepare and cook
- ethnic recipes are encouraged; the sky’s the limit
- Jack likes fresh, so nothing out of a can if possible (he hates anything made with cans of soup or pouches, like hamburger helper — he’s watching his fat and salt intake)
- meat (especially red) is not a must
- no desserts, please. Jack doesn’t have a sweet tooth
Comments on the contest are also welcome. Good luck!