Over at Writing English, I happen to fall on this post about 25 funny analogies. They’re tagged as the 25 funniest, and I don’t know that I haven’t read funnier ones than that, but they’re pretty funny. Those analogies were collected ty High School teachers. Here are some of my favorites:
- His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.
- She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
- Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.
- Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
- The ballerina rose gracefully en Pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.
For a complete list, mosey along to Writing English.